|Spawn||Wand of Flock|
|Walk speed||0 tiles per turn|
|Armor||Impenetrable, except for Disintegration beams|
|On Damage||Remains Immobile|
The Sheep is a Summon (Allied) NPC.
|This is a magic sheep. What's so magical about it? You can't kill it. It will stand there until it magcially fades away, all the while chewing cud with a blank stare.|
Sheep can only be spawned with a Wand of Flock.
A wand will spawn
wofLevel+2 sheep, with
wofLevel being the effective level of the Wand of Flock (i.e. its face level, increased, or decreased, by worn Rings of Power).
The more the Hero/ine upgrades his/her wand (or the Ring of Power), the more sheep it will spawn.
Sheep will never move from their spawn tiles (except with a Wand of Reach).
They are indestructible & will serve as an obstacle, preventing enemies & magic from passing through (except a Disintegration blast).
Their duration is
wofLevel+5 turns (real number, not necessarily an integer)—see above about
After that number of turns, the sheep will simply fade away.
- Sheep can be used to block attacks from ranged enemies (i.e. Gnoll shaman, Dwarf warlock, & Tengu) as the Hero/ine approaches them.
- Sheep can also be used as a means of escaping. If you want to run from an enemy, you can simply block its way with sheep.
- An enemy with the Amok Debuff (from the Wand of Amok) will constantly attack the sheep, giving you the chance to get free hits, or escape.
- Carefully placed sheep can prevent Wraiths from spawning around tombstones.
- Carefully placed sheep can cordon off Giant Piranha in a Flooded Vault.
- Sheep serve a double purpose of protecting you & amplifying the Disintegration beam damage of the Wand of Disintegration.
- Sheep can block the pedestal in the King of Dwarves' throneroom, preventing him from summoning any Undead Dwarves.
- Sheep used to be able to be attacked by the Hero/ine, providing him/her with an endless source of:
|1.7.0||Added: Sheep has a new description and (4 different) "Baa's" when tapped.|
|1.9.2||Changed: They block line-of-sight and live longer.|