|Gives||Ghost Weapon or Ghost Armor|
|Walk speed||1 cell per 2 cells the Hero/ine moves tiles per turn|
|On Damage||Nothing; Can be set ablaze, igniting every flammable tile it touches.|
The Sad ghost is a Quest NPC.
|The ghost is barely visible. It looks like a shapeless spot of faint light with a sorrowful face.|
The Sad Ghost can be found wandering in a depth between 2 and 4. There is always exactly one Sad Ghost per game. Depths
4 all have
1/3 chance of hosting the Sad Ghost.
When tapped on, the Sad Ghost will give one of three quests: the Dried Rose quest, the Fetid Rat quest, or the Curse Release quest - all have equal probability.
Dried rose quest
- Main article: Dried rose quest
The Sad Ghost asks the Hero/ine to help it find a Dried Rose, which was stolen by an enemy. The Hero/ine will then slay enemies at the same depth until the Dried Rose has been retrieved; every time an enemy is slain, the chance that that enemy drops the Dried Rose increases. The drop chance is
n is the amount of enemies slain since speaking with the Sad Ghost at the same depth. Thus, the Hero/ine must slay, at most, 8 enemies.
When giving the Sad Ghost the Dried Rose, it will reward the Hero/ine with the option of its weapon or armor.
Fetid rat quest
- Main article: Fetid rat quest
The Sad Ghost will ask the Hero/ine to avenge it, by slaying the Fetid Rat. The Fetid Rat will drop the Giant Rat Skull upon death, which the Hero/ine can give to the Sad Ghost, in return for the option of its weapon or armor.
Curse Release Quest
- Main article: Curse personification quest
The Sad Ghost tells the Hero/ine that it is prisoner to a dark curse, and it asks the Hero/ine to help it break free. If the Hero/ine accepts, the Sad Ghost turns into a wraith-like creature, which, after being defeated, gets reverted to the Sad Ghost form, to end the quest as usual.
The prize from the Ghost tends to have a high level. The weapon is generated by:
- Four random weapons are generated according to Weapon#Weapon generation (but looping until a melee weapon is found).
- The weapons are compared and the highest leveled weapon is selected to be the prizes
The process is the same for armor except it uses Armor#Armor generation.
Because of this generation method, the level on the armor/weapon has probabilities close to:
|-3|| ||0 %|
|-2|| ||0 %|
|-1|| ||0.16 %|
|+0|| ||40.8 %|
|+1|| ||34.92 %|
|+2|| ||15.52 %|
|+3|| ||8.6 %|
This chart is not quite accurate, since the generation method tries to create weapons/armors with required strengths close to
10 + numberOfInternallyGeneratedPotionsOfStrength (which is
- The Dried Rose/Fetid Rat will always be on the same depth as the Sad Ghost.
- An enemy will not drop the Dried Rose, and the Fetid Rat will not spawn, until the Hero/ine has spoken to the Sad Ghost.
- Enemies at these depths are generally easy to slay, within the duration of the quest.
- If stuck behind the Sad Ghost, tap on it a second time and it will teleport to another part of the depth.
- You can use a Potion of Mind Vision to expedite finding enemies to slay for the Dried Rose, to locate the Fetid rat, or to locate the Sad Ghost after obtaining the Dried Rose/Giant Rat Skull.
- Use a Scroll of Challenge to expedite your search for the Dried Rose/Fetid Rat.
- Setting the Sad Ghost on fire will, in effect, turn it into an allied/"Amok'ed Fire Elemental", setting all flammable tiles it encounters on fire. A great way to clear the depth of enemies, but be sure to secure your scrolls first (either by placing them on water, or leaving them on another depth).
- Your auto-aim can be set on the Sad Ghost, so be careful when fighting an enemy, to not accidentally auto-aim the Sad Ghost.
- The Sad Ghost can be attacked, but it won't retaliate nor incur damage.
- The weapon reward will always be a melee weapon.
- The Sad Ghost moves 1 tile for every 2 tiles that the Hero/ine moves.
- The Sad Ghost is immune to Paralyzed and Rooted.
|1.6.0||ADDED to the game|
|1.6.1||Added: Fetid rat quest|
|1.6.4|| Changed: Each enemy has |
|1.7.0||Fixed: Quest NPC's can no longer drop their reward on a non-walk-able cell (Quest Items can no longer be thrown at a non-walk-able cell)|
|1.7.5||Changed: Ghost will always give -1 cloth armor for the armor option when "Faith is my armor" challenge is active|
|1.8.0||Added: New quest from the Sad Ghost - Curse personification quest|