Potions are one-time use items; and there are a total of 12 types of potions in the game.
Before the first use, all potions are unidentified (Except in the case of the Warrior class, who automatically has Potions of Strength identified).
There are a total of 12 potion colors: turquoise, crimson, azure, jade, golden, magenta, charcoal, bistre, amber, ivory, silver and indigo.
Some potion effects are more beneficial when consumed, and some are more effective when thrown.
There are a total of 12 different effects:
- Toxic Gas- Creates a gas that damages all creatures (Hero/ine included) in its Area-of-Effect.
- Experience- Instantly gives the Hero/ine enough XP to level up.
- Strength- Permanently raises the Hero/ine's Strength stat by 1.
- Liquid Flame- Causes the drinker, or target, to catch fire, taking immediate & incremental fire damage.
- Frost- Temporarily freezes all creatures (Hero/ine included) in its Area-of-Effect.
- Healing- Instantly refills the Hero/ine's health to full.
- Invisibility- Makes the Hero/ine invisible for 15 turns.
- Levitation- Causes the Hero/ine to levitate, being immune to traps & the Rooted debuff, for 20 turns.
- Mind Vision- Allows the Hero/ine to see all enemies at the current depth, for 20 turns.
- Paralytic Gas- Creates a gas that paralyzes all creatures (Hero/ine included) in its Area-of-Effect.
- Purification- Instantly clears any harmful gases (Toxic gas, Paralytic gas, Confusion gas); lasts for 5 turns when drank.
- Might- Permanently raises the Hero/ine's Strength stat by 1 & Health by 5.
- A beneficial potion is intended to be drank, thus you’ll instead get a warning confirmation pop-up when trying to throw it.
- A harmful potion is intended to be thrown, thus you’ll instead get a warning confirmation pop-up when trying to drink it.
- A versatile potion is intended to be either drank, or thrown, so there’ll never be a warning confirmation pop-up.
Potion generation probabilities
|Potion of Healing|| ||29.8 %|
|Potion of Experience|| ||2.65 %|
|Potion of Toxic Gas|| ||9.93 %|
|Potion of Paralytic Gas|| ||6.62 %|
|Potion of Liquid Flame|| ||9.93 %|
|Potion of Levitation|| ||6.62 %|
|Potion of Strength|| ||0 %|
|Potion of Mind Vision|| ||13.25 %|
|Potion of Purification|| ||7.95 %|
|Potion of Invisibility|| ||6.62 %|
|Potion of Might|| ||0 %|
|Potion of Frost|| ||6.62 %|
- To test out potions, stand on a tile with water to prevent fire, and near a door to escape poisonous gas.
Be careful of location, health, and hunger, when the Paralytic Gas potion hasn't been identified.
- Check out your surroundings on the depth you are on before using an unidentified potion because if you got a potion in a room with a Special room or in a Chasm room, then it may have a good chance that it may be needed there.
- Potions can also be made using the alchemy pot (ex. 3 Seed of Sungrass make a Potion of Healing with a
That way, you can tell if the potion is already in your inventory, or not.
- The indigo potion is the only potion that has a different colored cork
- All the potions have names avoiding the normal color names such as brown, red, and blue; instead, they are 'bistre,' 'crimson,' and 'azure.'
|0.2.2||ADDED Potions to the game|
|1.6.2a||Changed/Fixed: Potions no longer spawn on top of each other in the Laboratory.|
|1.7.2 - 1.7.5|| Changed: