|Shattered Pixel Dungeon|
|Download||• Google Play|
|Other links||• Tumblr|
From the Play Store Page:
Shattered Pixel Dungeon is a Roguelike RPG, with pixel art graphics and lots of variety and replayability. Every game is unique, with four different playable characters, randomized levels and enemies, and over 150 items to collect and use. The game is simple to get into, but has lots of depth. Strategy is required if you want to win!
This game is based on the freely available source code of source code of Pixel Dungeon. It began as a project to improve on the original game's quirks, but has since evolved into a separate game, with many unique features.
- High replayability: Randomly generated levels, enemies, and items. No two games are the same!
- 4 hero classes: Warrior, Mage, Rogue, and Huntress. Each hero has a unique playstyle.
- 8 subclasses: Successful heroes can refine their skills to become more powerful.
- 5 distinct dungeon regions: each with their own enemies, traps, and quests.
- Over 150 different items: including powerful wands, rings, weapons, and armor.
- 50+ different enemies, 30 different traps, and 5 bosses to test your skills.
- Unique artifacts, which grow in power as you use them.
- Updates, with new content roughly once a month.
ShatteredPD is a 100 % free game. There are no advertisements, microtransactions, or paywalls. An optional donation to support the game unlocks a couple of fun extras, but these are entirely cosmetic and do not affect gameplay.
Find an issue with the game? Have a suggestion? Then contact me! This game is a solo project, so the feedback of players is invaluable in improving the game. You can contact me at Evan@ShatteredPixel.com (My ability to respond to emails in languages other than English is limited.)
ShatteredPD is available in multiple languages thanks to support from the community. The translation project is hosted here: https://www.transifex.com/shattered-pixel/shattered-pixel-dungeon
ShatteredPD is open source software under the GPLv3 Licence. You can find the current source code here: https://github.com/00-Evan/shattered-pixel-dungeon
- Main article: ShatteredPD Classes
While no new classes have been added to Shattered PD, it has made some tweaks to a few of the existing classes. The Mage and its sub-classes have received the biggest rework in v0.3.0, with a slew of minor and major changes. Both the Rogue and the Huntress have seen some more subtle tweaks to help them fill their niche roles better.
- Main article: ShatteredPD Weapons
Shattered PD has several new and reworked weapons compared to vanilla Pixel Dungeon.
- Worn short sword
- Mage's Staff
- Short sword
- Hand axe
- Round Shield
- Assassin's Blade
- Runic Blade
- Battle axe
- War hammer
- Main article: ShatteredPD Artifacts
Artifacts are a new feature exclusive to Shattered PD and any variants that use Shattered PD at their core. Artifacts offer the Hero/ine new or enhanced abilities such as the ability to steal, enhanced regeneration, and so on. Artifacts also work outside the existing enchantment progress with each artifact having certain requirements that need to be met to grow in power.
Artifacts share the same "accessory" slot as rings meaning that you can equip at most a total of 2 of any rings or artifacts in your possession. Artifacts in your inventory cannot be used (with the exception of one feature of Lloyd's Beacon), nor do they recharge or grow in power.
- Cape of Thorns
- Chalice of Blood
- Cloak of Shadows
- Dried Rose
- Ethereal Chains
- Horn of Plenty
- Lloyd's Beacon
- Sandals of Nature
- Talisman of Foresight
- Thieves' Armband
- Timekeeper's Hourglass
- Unstable Spellbook
- Main article: ShatteredPD Wands
Wands received a large overhaul in the 0.3.0 update. Only a small handful of the original vanilla wands remain, though the effects of the removed wands tend to remain in some form within the new wands (or artifact, in the case of teleportation). Even the remaining wands have been tweaked in some way.
All wands now have a unique sprite, allowing the player to identify the type of wand it is on sight, however, the player will no longer be able to identify the level/max charges of a wand just by zapping it (though it will still be fully identified with enough use). Wands also have the potential to be cursed now, which has a chance to cause a random magical "backfire" upon use.
- Wand of Blastwave
- Wand of Corruption
- Wand of Disintegration
- Wand of Fireblast
- Wand of Frost
- Wand of Lightning
- Wand of Magic Missile
- Wand of Prismatic Light
- Wand of Regrowth
- Wand of Transfusion
- Wand of Venom
- Main article: ShatteredPD Rings
Like many items from Vanilla Pixel Dungeon, rings have also received an overhaul on their effects. Some rings have been stripped from the game (though their effects are generally transferred into other items such as artifacts), and a handful of new ones are now available. Even the rings that have carried over into SPD have been balanced, with either tweaks to their effect, or a general toning down for some of the more powerful rings (i.e. Evasion and Haste).
Rings share the same accessory equipment slots as artifacts, meaning the Hero/ine can have equipped at max a combination of 2 rings/artifacts at a time.
- Ring of Accuracy
- Ring of Elements
- Ring of Evasion
- Ring of Force
- Ring of Furor
- Ring of Haste
- Ring of Magic
- Ring of Might
- Ring of Sharpshooting
- Ring of Tenacity
- Ring of Wealth
- Main article: ShatteredPD Curses
Curses are more severe in Shattered Pixel Dungeon than in vanilla Pixel Dungeon. Weapons and armor can have additional negative effects and curses are harder to remove from the Hero/ine's gear as the Scroll of Remove Curse will only remove the curse from one item, and it's the only way to remove curses from unequipped items. Using a Well of Health still removes curses from equipped items.
- Main article: ShatteredPD Plants
Heroes/Heroines who chance upon gardens or get lucky while trampling grass, may come across a new plant: the Blandfruit. As the name implies, the fruit from this plant is pretty unexceptional, and will barely do anything for your Hero/ine on its own.
- Seed of Blandfruit: It cannot be cooked with Blandfruit.
- Seed of Sorrowmoss: Sorrowfruit - It creates a cloud of Toxic gas around your Hero/ine that deals damage to both the Hero/ine and enemies.
- Seed of Sungrass: Sunfruit - It heals your Hero/ine to full.
- Seed of Icecap: Icefruit - It works like the Frozen carpaccio, giving the Hero/ine a random buff between Invisible, Barkskin, Refreshed, or Healed.
- Seed of Rotberry: Rotfruit - It permanently increases the Hero/ine's Strength by 1 point.
- Seed of Blindweed: Blindfruit - It gives the Hero/ine the Invisible buff.
- Seed of Firebloom: Firefruit - It imbues the Hero/ine's physical attacks with a chance to apply the Burning debuff and makes him/her immune to the effects of Burning.
- Seed of Fadeleaf: Fadefruit - It gives the Hero/ine Mind vision.
- Seed of Earthroot: Earthfruit - It imbues the Hero/ine's physical attacks with a chance to apply the Rooted debuff and makes him/her immune to the effects of Rooting.
- Seed of Dreamfoil: Dreamfruit - It makes the Hero/ine immune to gases. If it's thrown, it shatters like a Potion of Purification.
- Seed of Stormvine: Stormfruit - If it's consumed, it causes the Hero/ine to Levitate. If it's thrown, it shatters like a potion and releases clouds of Confusing gas, applying the Vertigo debuff to all affected characters.
- Seed of Starflower: Starfruit - Hero/ine's level increases by 1.
As of version 0.2.2a, three new seed types have been introduced.
- Seed of Dreamfoil - Anything stepping on the plant will fall asleep. If the Hero/ine does so and is not starving, s/he will be refreshed. For alchemy purposes, the associated potion is Purification.
- Seed of Stormvine - Anything stepping on the plant will receive the Vertigo debuff. Note that this does not release clouds of gas the way Dreamweed does. For alchemy purposes, the associated potion is Levitation.
- Seed of Starflower - It's very rare compared to most seeds and gives the new Blessed debuff, increasing stats in battle. For alchemy purposes, the associated potion is Experience.
- Main article: ShatteredPD Traps
As of version 0.3.1, 23 new traps have been added to the roster of possible ways the dungeon itself is happy to kill you, with slight tweaks made to some of the existing traps from Pixel Dungeon.
Sad Ghost's Quests Edit
The Sad Ghost has a few new baddies that it may want your Hero/ine to avenge for it. Along with the Fetid Rat (which has been graphically reworked), Heroes/Heroines can now be pitted against the cunning Gnoll Trickster, or the hardy Great Crab! All of these bosses have mechanisms which emphasize using the environment to your advantage; something I hope to help new players get a feel for. Lastly, the Dried Rose quest has been removed, it was too simple and added nothing to gameplay.
The boss that your Hero/ine fights seem to depend on which depth the Sad Ghost appears.
- Depth 2 - Fetid Rat
- Depth 3 - Gnoll Trickster
- Depth 4 - Great Crab
Giant Crab Edit
This crab is gigantic, even compared to other sewer crabs. Its blue shell is covered in cracks and barnacles, showing great age. It lumbers around slowly, barely keeping balance with its massive claw.
While the crab only has one claw, its size easily compensates. The crab holds the claw in front of itself whenever it sees a threat, shielding itself behind an impenetrable wall of carapace.
- The Giant Crab moves at half the speed.
- He blocks all attacks that are not guaranteed hits including magic attacks.
- To slay it easier, hide around corners and doors to perform surprise attacks, which are guaranteed hits. Stunning, paralyzing, burning, or poisoning it via planted seeds or traps is also effective.
- The crab can be hit with a ranged attack upon first entering the player's vision for the first time.
- Upon death it drops two mystery meat.
Gnoll Trickster Edit
Gnoll Trickster shoots different types of darts including regular, incendiary, and poison darts. As of the latest update, he can be lured into melee range by going around corners, or through doors.
After being defeated, he can drop incendiary or curare darts.
This enemy can be slain using ranged weapons like wands and projectiles. If your Hero/ine has a lot of power in a wand, or a stack of projectiles, save them for the fight, if the Ghost tells you. (Using ranged weapons is risky as he can throw darts at you while you attack him.)
Blinding it using Wand of Prismatic Light can also be a good strategy as it won't be able to see you to throw darts at you.
Fetid rat Edit
- Main article: Fetid rat
| Something is clearly wrong with this rat. Its greasy black fur and rotting skin are very different from the healthy rats you've seen previously. Its blood red eyes make it seem especially menacing.
The rat carries a cloud of horrible stench with it, it's overpoweringly strong up close.
Dark ooze dribbles from the rat's mouth, it eats through the floor but seems to dissolve in water.
Stand diagonally to the rat while fighting it and step away from it every few turns in order to keep out of the paralytic gas. Step in water to wash the Caustic ooze away.
Alternatively you can drink a Potion of Purification to temporarily become immune to the gas. (Though this won't help with the Caustic ooze...)
Old Wandmaker's Quests Edit
Like the Sad Ghost, the Old Wandmaker has new quests too. The first thing that you will notice is that he has different quotes, with an additional one that's determined by the class you have selected.
Corpse Dust Edit
There is a room blocked with a barricade on the depth with the Old Wandmaker. This room has a special ground called "Mass Grave". It contains some Skeletons and some Adventurer's Remains. One of the Remains contains a Wraith and the Corpse Dust. Once you pick up the Corpse Dust, a Wraith will spawn every several turns in a tile near the Hero/ine, and this will continue until you return the Corpse Dust to the Old Wandmaker, completing the quest. On completion of the quest, all spawned Wraiths on that depth are killed.
Rotberry Seed Edit
The depth with the Old Wandmaker contains a locked room. In it, there are 3-4 Rot Slashers (based on its area) covered with tall grass and a Rot Heart. Your target is to avoid the deadly Slashers and kill the Heart. However, every attack based on fire will destroy the seed and render the quest impossible. Killing the Rot Heart with a Wand of Disintegration has the same effect of destroying the seed as well as Bombs.
A good way to get past the Rot Slashers is to use a Potion of Invisibility.
Elemental Ember Edit
There are four Ceremonial Candles scattered across the depth. The Hero/ine has to place (throw) them into the corners of the Ritual Marker (a 3 x 3 tile that has red drawing) inscribed on the depth in one of the rooms. A Newborn Fire Elemental will spawn (it's much weaker than the Fire Elementals in the Dwarven Metropolis stage). Once it's defeated, it will drop the Elemental Embers. The quest ends once the Embers are brought to the Old Wandmaker.
- Main article: Goo
Goo is now more wonderfully bouncy than ever with a full animation update. This includes flashy new particle effects when Goo is pumping up to show what area it will hit. Additionally, his arena has been reworked to give your Hero/ine much more room to maneuver, incentivizing players to use the environment against him! The random nature of Goo's new arena should make every fight with him a little different too. His royal highness, the Rat King, is still present, but he might be a little trickier to find.
Tengu is now in a new area. There's a long hallway with cells on either side and a key that will unlock Tengu's cell at the southern end of the hall. His cell is similar to the one in vanilla Pixel Dungeon, sprouting new traps each time he teleports.
Once you knock him down to about half health, he will say "Let's make this interesting," then he will teleport away. The southeast cell will become the entrance to a small randomly generated maze, and the door at the end will teleport the Hero/ine to a new arena where Tengu will be hiding. There are no traps, but it can take a while to find him in between teleports because of all the rooms and walls that he can hide among.
When he's finally slayed, he drops the usual Tome of Mastery, and the eastern cells open into a cave which segues to the new stage.
There's nothing different.
Dwarf King Edit
There's nothing different.
There's nothing different.
Ankh & Dew Vial Edit
The Dew Vial has been nerfed:
- The vial stills heals 100% when full, but now it heals only 5% of the heroines heath per dewdrop. (e.g 3 dewdrops would be 15%.)
- It no longer auto-revives when it's full.
- It now takes 20 dewdrops to fill it.
- Filling it is much easier as dewdrops now go straight to the vial rather then the heroines health.
- The heroine will now only drink how much needed for a full heal.
And the Ankh has been buffed:
- It can now be blessed using a full Dew Vial; a Blessed Ankh auto-revives the Hero/ine to 25% HP and will keep all other items in the backpack including additional Ankhs. The Ankh is destroyed in the process.
|v0.1.0||Improvements to potions/scrolls|
|v0.1.1||Added blandfruit, reworked dew vial|
|v0.2.0||Added artifacts, reworked rings|
|v0.2.1|| Quests, Bosses, & Lore Pt.1 - the Sewers!
This update adds & reworks content in the sewers:
|v0.2.2||Source code from 1.7.2 incorporated; full list of changes there.|
|v0.2.3||Artifact additions & improvements|
|v0.2.4|| v1.7.5 Source Implemented, with exceptions:
In addition, this update features the following changes:
"The Wand Rework!"
| Mage reworked!:
General Wand Changes:
All wands have been reworked!
Misc. Balance Changes:
"It's a Trap!"
| New traps!:
BIG UI Changes:
"The Prison Rework!"
| Prison Rework!:
BIG BALANCE CHANGES:
Base Class Changes:
"Google Play Games!"
| Support for Google Play Games:
Press the controller button in the main menu to learn more
Shattered remains a 100 % offline game if Google Play Games is not enabled
| General Changes:
"The Warrior Rework!"
| Warrior Rework:
"The Equipment Rework!"
| New Equipment Content:
| Armor Balance Changes:
Wand Balance Changes:
Class Balance Changes:
Ring Balance Changes:
Artifact Balance Changes:
Various Item Balance Changes:
| General Improvements: