|Spawns in|| |
|Walk speed||1 tile per turn|
|Resistant to||Scroll of Psionic Blast|
|Immune to|| Amok|
|On damage||Nothing special|
|Attack delay||1.5 turns per attack|
|On hit||Nothing special|
| Max level|
| 22 for XP|
24 for drop
|The Dwarves tried to combine their knowledge of mechanisms with their newfound power of elemental binding. They used spirits of earth as the "soul" for the mechanical bodies of golems, which were believed to be most controllable of all. Despite this, the tiniest mistake in the ritual could cause an outbreak.|
Golems will attack on sight.
They do not have any special behavior.
They will just approach the Hero/ine and fight to the death.
Their strike can be extremely powerful and deadly, even to the well-protected adventurer.
- Try to avoid golems because they are usually not worth vanquishing.
The high amounts of damage they inflict wastes the Hero/ine's healing items.
- Golems attack slower than your Hero/ine, so they can be avoided by making it lose vision of your Hero/ine, dropping it from Hunting status to Wandering status.
- Inflict any non-damaging debuffs you have on-hand, to effectively slow them down, when attempting to flee/regroup, or hasten the fight.
- Use ranged attacks to lower their health, before they approach melee distance, so it would take less time to fight them.
- Do not fight more than one golem at a time.
- The old Stairs strategy, that used to work for Goo, can be used against the golems; especially when playing as the Sniper sub-class.
- Try to finish the golem off as soon as possible, so it has fewer opportunities to strike you back (due to its slower attack speed).
- If you don't have a Ring of Evasion/Haste to upgrade, or don't wish to take that path, be sure that your armor is upgraded enough (35-40 Dmg. Abs.), to be able to absorb most of the Golem's damage.
- Golems are one of the 3 strongest enemies in the dungeon (& the most common of the 3); you should use effective weapons that are strong enough to defeat the golem.
- Be sure to use a very powerful weapon (+5, or higher), so you can chip away at its 85 HP without too much of a struggle. Also, have rings of evasion above level 5 or more!
|0.4||ADDED to the game|
|0.4.3||Changed: Golems are immune to Psionic Blast now|