|Walk speed||1 tile per turn|
|On damage||Nothing special|
|Attack delay||1 turn per attack|
|On hit||Nothing special|
| Max level|
| 30 for XP|
32 for drop
|Yog-Dzewa is an Old God, a powerful entity from the realms of chaos. A century ago, the ancient dwarves barely won the war against its army of demons, but were unable to kill the god itself. Instead, they then imprisoned it in the halls below their city, believing it to be too weak to rise ever again.|
The God’s larva will attack on sight. God’s larvae do not have free will and are obeying Yog-Dzewa. They tend to surround the Hero/ine.
The God’s larvae do not die when Yog-Dzewa dies.
- Try to slay them before more are spawned.
- Slay Yog-Dzewa, so he doesn’t summon more larvae.
- Obtaining a rare Vampiric-enchanted weapon can be a real boon when fighting Yog-Dzewa. If your HP gets below 50%, simply focus your attacks on the accumulating larvae, until your HP reaches a safe amount.
- A Wand of Disintegration, and/or a Shocking-enchanted melee weapon, would be of great help in clearing them.
- Use the larvae to your advantage, by making them surround you while you fight the eyeball, as the 2 fists won't be able to attack.
- Do not underestimate this little guy; like the Marsupial Rat, they're dangerous in large numbers. Do not let more than 7 Larvae spawn. Their combined attack speed can finish you off if you're not careful.
- The Scroll of Psionic Blast is great to use against the larvae, after defeating the eyeball. The scroll can do surprising amounts of damage, though this is inconsistent.
- If in a desperate position (low health), and you need to get the key, and/or descend to D-26, unscathed, reading a Scroll of Lullaby (render harmless), and/or a Scroll of Terror (dispersal), & drinking a Potion of Invisibility, will give you the turns you need to escape, as larvae are susceptible to the Sleep & Terror debuffs.
|0.5||ADDED to the game|
|1.7.0||Changed: Newly-spawned Larvae are Hunting, rather than Wandering.|