|Spawns in|| |
|Walk speed||1 tile per turn|
|On damage||Nothing special|
|Attack delay||1 turn per attack|
|On hit||Nothing special|
| Max level|
| 15 for XP|
17 for drop
|Drops|| Gold (|
It has a
1/30 probability to spawn as a mutated Shielded brute.
|Brutes are the largest, strongest and toughest of all gnolls. When severely wounded, they go berserk, inflicting even more damage to their enemies.|
Gnoll brutes will attack on sight.
After the Hero/ine inflicts enough damage on them, they become enraged and attack stronger.
Gnoll brute becomes enraged if its health falls strictly below
1/4 of its total health (i.e. if HP < 10).
The gold quantity is uniformly distributed between
- Back away whenever they become enraged, and wait until their enraged buff disappears, before continuing to fight them, or finish them off. (Similar to fighting Goo)
- Try to slay the brutes before they attack you in their enraged state.
- Avoid fighting brutes while under 20 HP because sometimes, even if you have good armor, they can inflict a lot of damage.
- Brutes are a key figure in the item farming process at Depth 11, as they will be your main source of gold for the shop.
If you run out of brutes to slay, try going to another depth, and then coming back.
After that, take a long walk around the dungeon, and this should spawn enough brutes.
- Brutes spawn the most in levels 12, 13 and 14. Either avoid spending too much time there, or go there, if you’re item farming.
|0.3||ADDED to the game|
|0.5.2||Added: Rare enemies (Shielded Brute)|