|Spawns in||15 (Caves)|
|Walk speed||1 tile per turn|
|Resistant to|| Grim weapon|
Scroll of Psionic Blast
|Immune to||Toxic gas|
|On damage||Nothing special|
|Attack delay||1 turn per attack|
|On hit||Nothing special|
| Max level|
| 30 for XP|
32 for drop
|Drops|| Skeleton key (always)
Ring of Thorns (
|This machine was created by the Dwarves several centuries ago. Later, Dwarves started to replace machines with golems, elementals and even demons. Eventually it led their civilization to the decline. The DM-300 and similar machines were typically used for construction and mining, and in some cases, for city defense.|
- When noticing you, DM-300 yells: “Unauthorised[sic] personnel detected.”
- DM-300 emits toxic gas around it.
- Every time DM-300 walks, it makes an avalanche on a random square around it. This avalanche can damage and stun you.
- DM-300 can regain health very quickly when standing on triggered traps.
- This can be seen when the message says "DM-300 repairs itself!"
- When dying, DM-300 yells: “Mission failed. Shutting down.”
The room where DM-300 is found is very large and donut-shaped. The entrance will be collapsed when entering the room. Scattered around the room are triggered traps. DM-300 has no ranged attacks.
It takes time for the toxic gas cloud to spread each time the DM-300 moves, so the simplest strategy to avoid the gas is to move one square away from it each time the gas spreads onto you. The DM-300 will chase you, moving back into striking range. Since it moves at the same speed you do, this will give it no extra hits. Because of the pattern by which gas spreads, you'll have an extra turn if you move away from the DM-300 diagonally.
As with other bosses, you can slow, paralyze, or freeze the DM-300 to reduce its chances to hit you (although this will prevent the above strategy for avoiding the toxic gas). Unlike other bosses, it can't be slain with a Potion of Toxic Gas.
- See: DM-300 Boss Guide
- Armor that absorbs up to 25 damage is needed, to get through the fight.
(Its highest damage output is 24, as shown in the infobox on the right.)
- A weapon that deals an approximate average of 20 damage (1/10th of its total HP) is needed, to face and slay DM-300.
- Potion of Healing to help heal throughout the fight (5 to 8 should more than suffice).
- It is highly advised to heal upon reaching 24 HP.
- Potion of Purification can help against the Toxic Gas and the Paralyzed debuff from the Avalanche ability.
- Plant a Seed of Earthroot and head towards DM-300.
Once DM-300 is following the Hero/ine, step onto the Earthroot plant and continue fighting.
This will dramatically decrease the damage received from the boss to
- Scroll of Lullaby is useful for getting a few hits on it.
- Items that inflict Paralyzed are optimal against DM-300.
(i.e. A Stunning-enchanted weapon, Wand of Avalanche, Curare darts, Potion of Paralytic Gas, and/or Bombs)
- Using Wand of Slowness can be helpful to reduce the amount of damage taken.
- As of Update 1.7.2, it's become viable to use the Scroll of Mirror Image.
- The only time it's relatively 'safe' to be Paralyzed is when the Hero/ine is already Starving.
(The debuff 'ends sooner' when starving, and 'lasts longer' when satiated.)
- If you die at depth 15 with an Ankh, after the floor resets, DM-300 will now be called "DM-350".
|0.3.5||Changed: All bosses are now resistant to Toxic Gas & the Grim enchantment|
|0.5.4c||BUG: Stopped dropping Ring of Thorns|
|1.6.0||Fixed: Non-obtainable Drop bug|