Throw (or drop) 3, or more, seeds into an alchemy pot and the seeds will automatically be transformed into a potion. As soon as the heap contains at least 3 seeds, the transmutation occurs, so it’s impossible to transmute, for instance, 4 seeds of A and 4 seeds of B within the same potion. If any item other than seed is present, no transmutation occurs.
The potion will be randomly selected based upon the seeds used. There is a
1/numberOfTransmutedSeeds probability of a random potion, otherwise, the potion will be one of the potions associated with the seeds used.
For example, if:
are used, there will be a
1/4 probability of getting a random potion. The remaining
3/4 is split between the seeds, so there is a:
3/4×1/4 = 3/16chance of a Potion of Liquid Flame,
3/4×1/4 = 3/16chance of a Potion of Toxic Gas,
3/4×2/4 = 3/8chance of a Potion of Healing.
Seed associations Edit
|Seed of Firebloom||Liquid Flame|
|Seed of Icecap||Frost|
|Seed of Sorrowmoss||Toxic Gas|
|Seed of Dreamweed||Invisibility|
|Seed of Sungrass||Healing|
|Seed of Earthroot||Paralytic Gas|
|Seed of Fadeleaf||Mind Vision|
|Seed of Rotberry||Strength|
- Using more seeds will still result in only one potion but will reduce randomness.
- Alchemy can produce a Potion of Experience, and is the only legitimate way of reaching max level. In practice, the only hypothetical way this is possible would be through the Wand of Regrowth & the Ring of Herbalism.
- chance of a it is about .88%, which means you can expect that roughly every 113 potions created (when using 3 seeds)
- It is impossible to use alchemy to create a Potion of Might, since its random generation is set to 0 % and no seed is associated with it.
- As of Update 1.6.4, you can no longer step on a tile with an Alchemy Pot by tapping it; and therefore, you can't pick up an item there in this way. Instead, you need to tap a wall behind the Alchemy Pot.